We all know TikTok is one of the most popular social media platforms in the world for all things social media. But, there is a repeating question circling the marketing world. Should you be using TikTok for your business? Is it just for fun dances and crazy trends, or can we add some corporate to the TikTok game? Or, can you combine both and make the best brand image you can, whilst inevitably creating leads for your business?
The main buzz about TikTok is its short, fun videos that you can easily just scroll through. They generate a ‘for you’ page, meaning most videos that pop up on there are related to things you like. It has a great generated algorithm that will work for you. Everyone loves it and it is now one of the biggest apps.
People questioning whether it’s going to take over Instagram leads everyone to the question of whether they should be using it for their marketing. Speaking of ‘the buzz’ – that’s what TikTok is all about… creating a buzz. The first few seconds are the most important when creating a TikTok video. So yes, it’s great for fun fast-beat videos but, how can it be used to benefit your business?
Benefits for your business
As TikTok progresses, more and more people realise it’s a goldmine for marketing. With its amazing wide reach, it’s the perfect way to market your business. The app has been downloaded over 2.6 billion times and is available in almost every country around the world. This means that you can easily find your target audience by just searching for users with similar interests to yours or by advertising to people who are already interested in what you do. Almost every subject or topic you can think of has a niche target audience that you can apply to your videos too.
The only flaw to this incredible audience is the sheer amount of people, meaning you have to work even harder to get your content out there. More and more businesses are taking to TikTok ads as well. Lots of businesses have had success with using TikTok and again the only real downfall is that so many big brands are doing the same thing. This just means your content and ads have to be the best they can be to get the success you deserve.
How to create good TikTok content!
Now we know that TikTok can really benefit your business, it’s about getting the right content that is going to hopefully make your videos go viral, or at least get some good recognition.
- Short and sweet! Don’t make long dragging videos, that’s what YouTube is for. Keep it short, snappy and fun. Try and make the first few seconds the thing that is gonna capture the audience instantly.
- Look for trending/ popular songs and sounds. When you go to use a sound, it will show the amount of videos used with it; often that indicates its popularity. And you can also head to the ‘trending sounds’ section and choose from there.
- Be creative with transitions and styles. There are many ways you can make your videos look creative and professional. Many people use the app CapCut to create amazing videos. CapCut does a lot of the hard work for you meaning you can spend more time thinking of interesting captivating videos for your audience. They also have some great templates you can use.
- Try and avoid being too corporate. I know that sounds crazy but, TikTok is really more about fun and creating a great brand image. So, yes of course add in CTA’s and things like that but, It needs to be fun and upbeat, not reading from a script.
- Ask for what you want! Ask for the follow, like comment etc – this is how you will grow your followers!
- Video works the best, but you can also use a series of photos and automatically move between them, creating a video of still images. Try different lengths of video, but you want people to stay on till the end, so you need to keep them hooked. It is the first 3 seconds that count the most! So make them count – what is your “hook”?
- Have people in them.
- Show your viewers what you do. Perhaps it is a tip or a trick or a “how to”
So, should you be using TikTok for your business? Well, we think so. With social media being one of the best ways to market your business, why not hop on yet another platform? You honestly don’t need to dance or sing…
TikTok can seem daunting at first but once you take the leap and get the hang of it, it can be easy to get into it. And really quite addictive. Remember that these things take time and social media isn’t always an instant fix so if your followers and views start low, don’t be too disheartened.
For the best tips, tricks and advice, follow us on our social media. And if there is anything you feel like we have missed, please get in contact with us today.