In the ever-evolving landscape of social media, LinkedIn has made significant strides with the launch of its carousels. In this blog, we’ll delve into some of the potential use cases, the advantages of the new feature and how to post a carousel on LinkedIn.
Carousels should be a familiar feature for any regular Instagram user as it is the default option when sharing multiple images. It allows you to be able to dynamically swipe through several images on a single post. While you can share more than one image at a time on LinkedIn, they are forced into a collage which might not give you the desired effect.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This feature has only been available for three months as of June 2023. The LinkedIn carousel feature is being gradually rolled out and may not be available to you at this time. LinkedIn has been steadily expanding the availability of carousels across the platform, so it’s only a matter of time before it becomes accessible to all users, if they choose to implement it.
The power of carousels on LinkedIn
The biggest advantage of carousels on LinkedIn is it gives you a unique opportunity to create visually stunning and engaging posts that can captivate an audience. With the ability to showcase multiple images or videos in what is essentially a slide show, you can effectively tell a cohesive story, demonstrate a thought process or share a case study in a more compelling manner.
Why you need to use carousels, according to the statistics
If we take a look at the statistics behind the feature on Instagram it will give you a clear reason to make the most of it if you can. Socialinsider examined over 22 million Instagram posts, of which nearly 3 million were carousels. They found that Carousels have an average engagement rate per post of 1.92%, compared to 1.74% for images and 1.45% for videos. While these may sound like small margins, the engagement rate per post goes over 2% when all 10 carousel slides are used. Out of the nearly 3 million carousels studied, it was found those with 10 slides generate the highest engagement rate. A carousel sharing a combination of images and videos in the same post was found to generate the highest engagement rate per post (2.33%).
This edge could be exactly what you need to make your account grow and shine!
How to post a carousel on LinkedIn
If you are one of the lucky few that currently have their hands on this feature this is how you use it:
- Click the Carousel icon in the share box at the top of your LinkedIn homepage.
- If it doesn’t appear, try clicking the More icon in the lower right and select Carousel
- Click Choose Files in the Create a Carousel pop-up window (you can select up to 20 files) and add them.
- After adding images/photos, you can:
- Reorder: Click and drag the Reorder icon to the left of the image/photo you’d like to reorder.
- ALT: Click ALT to add alternative text for members using voice-over screen readers.
- Delete: Click the Delete icon to delete the image/photo.
- After adding videos, you can:
- Reorder: Click and drag the Reorder icon to the left of the video you’d like to reorder.
- Closed Captions: Click the Closed Captions icon to attach an ‘.SRT’ file.
- Delete: Click the Delete icon to delete the video.
- Click Done on the lower right to preview your carousel.
- Click the Edit icon in the preview to go back to the editing page to reorder, delete, or add image/photo/video files there.
- Click the Close icon in the preview to delete all the photos/videos you added to the post.
- Click the Visibility dropdown next to your name in the pop-up window. Select who you want to share the post with Who can see your post? Then click Done in the pop-up window.
- Click Post to post your carousel.
Take advantage of LinkedIn carousels
LinkedIn carousels are potentially a game changing feature for professionals, elevating your online presence and better engaging in your networks. Whether you want to showcase your work or share some valuable insight, this new feature can significantly enhance your LinkedIn posts.
Want help from professionals to grow your business?
We can help you select the social media sites that will be most beneficial to your business, explaining how they work and showing you how to use them; we can even create and schedule regular posts for you if that’s what you prefer. Along with blogging, Facebook Marketing as well as perhaps Google Ads, you will find these all excellent ways to keep advertising your business to a wider network. Any questions about how to post a carousel on LinkedIn? Feel free to ask about that or any other features you’ve heard about too!