Social media is a tough game to play now…it takes hard work, dedication, continuity and a good plan. So when we get asked how I can grow my social media followers quickly, then in general it is a resounding “You can’t”
Sometimes it can grow fast…
OK, so sometimes it can grow quickly. You may make a post that goes viral – wahoo – what an achievement! But this is actually quite rare as there is so much out there now (Jude was overjoyed a couple of weeks ago when her first reel pulled in over 6000 views but not exactly viral eh!) Someone who has a massive following may tag you in a post, or collaborate with you, which can be amazing. Or perhaps a competition really works for you.
Paid advertising can also be a great boost, especially if you have something really interesting that you are promoting.
But does it work really?
So you have gained lots of new followers through a certain method… will they all be people who will interact with you on future posts? Did they just follow you to win something or was it one particular post that made you gain them and they will gradually drop off. It is great to gain loads of new followers, but the next challenge is to keep them and get them to engage with you.
Don’t buy them!
We get loads of emails every day making offers.
- Let us get you on the first page of Google
- Our accounts have thousands of followers – can we collaborate?
- Link to us and we will link to you
- Pay us this much and we will get you thousands of new followers
…the list goes on and on.
Trust us when we tell you that these are all false promises; do not be suckered into thinking you will all of a sudden have a successful social media following. It just won’t happen. Many of these supposed new “followers” will either not be relevant to what you do, perhaps they will be bots or maybe they have just been paid to follow you! They won’t interact and then will probably just drop off your followers.
So what can you actually need to do?
There really is no quick and successful win to this. Especially with the markets being saturated with so much. So what we advise is:
- Work out which platforms are relevant to you and realistically whether you have the time to commit to them properly
- Stay consistent
- Set up a schedule of posting
- Cover as many platforms as you can
- Make use, where possible you take good advantage of all platforms – Instagram for instance has so many options that you can use. Be brave and face the world with IGTV, Reels or maybe push it a step further and try TikTok. Go Facebook Live even, or how about YouTube? Can you create videos that the world will want to see?
- Post regularly (have we already said that?) Don’t just make one post and then forget about it – but also don’t think you have to post 2 or 3 times a day! That could annoy people and then they will leave you anyway.
- Make your posts fun where you can
- Don’t always shove your business down people’s throats – make it real for people to look at, read and then engage with you.
- Give tips – people love a freebie!
- Make offers when you can – this does definitely work!
- Use lots of hashtags when appropriate – they will help people to find you who are like minded followers.
- Add people/staff/dogs (not too many) to your posts – you will find you get far more interaction than an infographic!
What works for you?
What else works for you? We would love to hear from you. Send us an Instagram DM or tag us in a post @sokadauk . This is the sort of thing that will help you to grow your followers by engaging with them!
If you are having success with your social media growth then stick with it! And WELL DONE!!!
Of course if you don’t have the time…
If you really don’t feel that you have the time to do all of this, but want to know about other options regarding growing your Social Media followers then have a chat with us and see how we can help you! Please either call us on 01435 817226 or send us an email and we will get back to you.
Can’t wait to chat!